40 Disney-Themed Wedding Ideas for a Fairytale Day
By Wedding Spot
Looking for the perfect venue, wedding dress, and decor for your Disney-themed wedding? You’ve come to the right place! These 40 Disney-themed wedding ideas can make even the biggest fan’s dreams come true even without having to wish upon a star.
Bookmark these fun hidden wedding Mickeys, elegant princess dresses, magical wedding venues that look just like Cinderella's Castle, and more!
What is a Disney-themed wedding?
A Disney-themed wedding takes inspiration from the beautiful and awe-inspiring world of Walt Disney. From the movies to the books to the theme parks, fans of any and all Disney properties can easily bring elements of their favorite world into their very own ceremony and reception.
You can do a general Disney theme for your wedding or choose from a few different sub-themes within the Disney fandom. For example, some Disneyphiles are obsessed with the original black and white adventures of Mickey Mouse while others can’t imagine a wedding where they don’t belt out Frozen’s “Let It Go” with their partners on the dance floor.
Really, it’s all about keeping your choices in line with whichever characters inspired you to search for Disney-themed wedding ideas in the first place!
Geek out on these 40 Disney-themed wedding ideas for inspiration
No matter which Disney stories you’d like to model your wedding after, keep in mind that the best Disney-themed wedding ideas all have these factors in common:
● Whimsy. Surprise and delight guests with unexpected designs, treats, and experiences that bring in the childlike wonder that Disney captures so well.
● Elegance. The best Disney-themed wedding ideas we’ve seen use the theme as a jumping-off point while adding fabrics, finishes, and hues that feel upscale and adult.
● Color. Unless you’re going high concept or very modern, your Disney-themed wedding designs will look best with plenty of color!
Keep reading to discover our Disney-themed wedding tips, shop-able links, and gorgeous pics.
Magical venues for a Disney-themed wedding
You can’t go wrong with castles, lush gardens, and glassy lakes no matter where in the world your wedding will be held! You can use Wedding Spot to find similar venues near you.
1. The Park Savoy
Location: Florham Park, New Jersey
Cost: Starting at $20,715 for 50 guests
Ever wanted to have a Disney Halloween themed wedding? We highly recommend a mansion you can spookify to match your Disney’s Haunted Mansion theme. The Park Savoy in particular has the grandeur and Victorian touches that we’re looking for.
2. Jefferson Library
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Cost: Starting at $9,198 for 50 guests
Create a Disney-themed wedding Belle would love by hosting your ceremony and reception at the Jefferson Library. Get married among roses in the garden outside then enjoy dinner between rows of gorgeous books in the library itself.
3. Sands Point Preserve
Location: Sands Point, New York
Cost: Starting at $53,377 for 50 guests
We are obsessed with this stone castle right on the waterfront. The arched windows look like they’re hiding Mickeys already! Enjoy a ballroom, banquet hall, gardens, lawns overlooking the ocean, and princess-worthy staircases for the most romantic wedding photos ever.
4. Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Cost: Starting at $20,219 for 50 guests
Attention Moana fans, a luau wedding venue is the place for you! Enjoy the palm tree lined coast, magical rope bridges, and beachfront receptions complete with torches and a dance floor.
5. Resort at Squaw Creek
Location: Olympic Valley, California
Cost: Starting at $13,972 for 50 guests
Make Anna and Elsa proud with a mountain top winter wedding at a gorgeous resort like this one. Take advantage of the cozy fireplaces for your reception, enjoy the views of snow-covered pines stretching across the valley and Lake Tahoe itself, and take your photos in front of the venue’s 250-foot waterfall.
Decoration ideas for your Disney-themed wedding
You can bring in licensed merchandise, show off your personal collections, or simply hint at your Disney theme with these DIY and shoppable options.
6. Use the Disney-themed Little Golden Books as art you can frame to temporarily hang in the venue or as table number holders.
7. Paint a photo backdrop to look like a blue sky with clouds. Place white pillars with floral arrangements on either side.
8. When in doubt, using Disney font for your wedding signage is often more than enough to invoke the theme.
9. Arrange some of these Happily Ever After table signs from Etsy wherever you need filler.
10. Snag this amazing floating house guest book inspired by the movie Up. It uses individual Mickey ears as the balloons.
Altar decor suggestions for the ultimate Disney-themed ceremony
Bring in some magical patterns, textures, and accessories that complement the venue without distracting from you and your partner.
11. Create a Mickey ear arch by adding two large circles to the back of a round or oval wedding arch.
12. Use super bright pink, light pink, and bold yellow blooms against stark white arches and chairs to bring in subtle Disney whimsy.
13. Make a magical canopy out of a giant hoop, gold tapestry, and a lightweight chandelier, with some floral arrangements as accent ties.
14. Hang one of these beautiful Cinderella’s castle photo backdrops where you plan to say ‘I do’.
15. Invoke the vibe of your favorite Disney film by pairing an arch in a unique shape with a foldable room divider decorated with florals like in this stunning wedding altar inspired by Aladdin.
DIY Disney-themed centerpieces for a classy reception
The best Disney-themed centerpieces use glitter wisely, limit their palette to three bold colors max, and take advantage of the mouse ears motif that is simple yet oh so satisfying to make by hand.
16. Frame vintage Disney art and use them as table markers.
17. Create cut out shadow boxes with your favorite Disney scenes using some lanterns, printed art, and black paper.
18. Use an oversized Lumiere to welcome guests to your reception from the center of your sweetheart table.
19. Surround gold lanterns with black Mickey ear hats customized with each guest’s name on them to create a themed centerpiece and wedding favor all in one.
20. For a classic Disney themed wedding, wrap a ribbon in the middle of a mason jar and secure a felt cutout of Mickey ears or buttons on top. Fill with flowers or battery-operated candles.
Flower arrangement options
Now is the time to go all out with exotic blooms that are fairytale worthy. Mix standout florals with traditional or more affordable fillers to keep your flower budget on track.
21. Create Beauty and the Beast inspired rose cloches in a variety of sizes for tables, aisleways, and your sweetheart table centerpiece.
22. Hold a white or pink rose bouquet in the shape of Mickey ears to make a statement without distracting from your dress, or add a hidden Mickey with contrasting colors.
23. Arrange swirls and Mickey ears up your wedding aisle using flower petals.
24. Combine a rainbow of blooms in all different shapes and sizes so that your Disney-themed arrangements are exploding with delicious color.
25. DIY this easy Disney wreath using faux flowers, greenery, and some embroidery hoops in two different sizes.
Princess-worthy wedding ensemble ideas
Make Cinderella jealous with your own magical look that incorporates a full gown, long puffed sleeves, and/or some off the shoulder action.
27. If you’re rocking a colored gown, stick to a monochrome look to keep it sophisticated. If you prefer to go with traditional white, add in a bright pop of color with a fun accessory.
28. Add a Mickey ear pearl pin or DIY one by hot gluing smaller pearls to a regular faux pearl pin on your boutonniere.
29. Rock some red wedding Converse with the Mickey symbol and the phrase “Happily Ever After” written in white on the sides.
30. Pair a white and silver dress with silver glitter heels and silver glitter Mickey ears for some awesome Disney-themed photos.
Bonus: Okay, this isn’t a wedding dress idea, but how cute would it be to wear Minnie slippers in your getting ready photos like this bride?
Ideas for Disney-themed wedding invitations
Don’t miss the opportunity to hide a Mickey in your Disney-themed wedding invitation! Also, did you know that if you send Mickey and Minnie a wedding invitation they’ll write back with a signed photo and button that says “Just Married”?
31. Pick a regal Fairytale Castle-themed wedding invitation with an off white background and layered border.
32. If you and your fiancé are bibliophiles, use a vintage fairytale book cover as your inspiration.
33. Invest in these pop-up Magic Castle wedding invitations that are simply to die for.
34. Use this enchanted rose wedding invite template.
35. Get wildly specific with a wedding invitation that features your favorite Disney characters like this one with Jack Skellington .
Menu suggestions for a Disney-fied wedding
What’s a Disney-themed wedding without some treats inspired by (or copied from) the Mouse’s own house!
36. Dig into this collection of menu examples from real Disney events, complete with multi-course gourmet meals, appetizers, and drinks.
37. Serve some Disney copycat dole whip alongside a coconut cake at your reception.
38. Keep in mind that any menu can be Disneyfied just by shaping your food into Mickey ears. Just take a look at these Mickey ear croutons!
39. There are endless ways to decorate a Disney cake, but we love the subtle yet fun white cake with Mickey ear balloons floating up the side.
40. Serve Disney villain themed cocktails with interesting colors like this dark purple Maleficent drink.
Perfect your Disney-themed wedding design with some more ideas!
Love Disney but want to keep it subtle? Add some sophisticated wonder with one of these fun wedding balloon arch ideas. Or fully embrace the magic of animation by bringing in all the colors of the rainbow with one or two of your favorite tie-dye wedding ideas.
Discover the perfect venue for your Disney-themed wedding near you on Wedding Spot.