38 Can't-Miss Hotel Ballroom Wedding Ideas
By Wedding Spot
Ballrooms are versatile spaces that can be used for virtually any kind of function. As a wedding venue, they can be decorated and arranged to meet whatever aesthetic you choose. And, they’re large enough to fit weddings of almost any size. Consider them a blank slate for bringing the vision for your wedding to life. In this post, we cover hotel ballroom wedding ideas for hosting your dream celebration, from décor to food and beverage to entertainment ideas, and more.
Explore 38 of our favorite hotel ballroom wedding ideas:
Ideas for venues
Here are some unique, bookable ballrooms that shake up the traditional venue, with eye-catching architecture, intricate ceilings, and luxurious atmospheres.
This venue is a restored 100-year-old railway station that perfectly encapsulates the romance of a bygone era. Soaring arches let in lots of light, and the venue is surrounded by stone walls and warm wooden ceilings. The elegance permeates the entire property, with a lobby that boasts an original stained-glass vaulted ceiling and crystal chandeliers.
2. The US Grant
San Diego, California
Perched in downtown San Diego, the historic US Grant offers four uniquely designed and decorated ballrooms. Each provides an ambiance as if you’ve stepped onto a Hollywood set. The Bivouac Ballroom, formerly a speakeasy during Prohibition, has soaring vaulted ceilings and a glamorous feel. The Crystal Ballroom provides a European atmosphere with its hand-painted ceiling, sparkling chandeliers, fireplace, and embellished columns.
For a luxurious and sleek wedding, choose a venue like The Read House. Say your vows in the Silver Ballroom, surrounded by ornate mirrors and silver filigree, or choose the Green Room with its distinctive seafoam green color and gold accents.
The classic architecture of Hotel Galvez & Spa makes it easy to have a vintage or modern style wedding. Host your wedding in the Terrace Ballroom, with warm yellow walls and towering columns and ceilings. Adjacent is the arced Veranda with floor-to-ceiling windows providing views of the Gulf.
The Hotel Du Pont mingles a rich historic past with its cosmopolitan present. From imported European chandeliers to white pillars, the 12-story Italian Renaissance building provides a contemporary elegance as the backdrop for your wedding. Choose The Gold Ballroom for a French feel with its neoclassic design and ornate ceiling, or The du Barry Room with a Yugoslavian chandelier as the centerpiece.
Find the perfect hotel ballroom for your wedding!Get Started Free
San Francisco, California
The Westin St. Francis has ballrooms and event spaces to match whatever vision you have for your wedding. The floor-to-ceiling windows of Mission Bay provide some of the best views of the city. For a more historic ambiance, the St. Francis Suite offers carved wooden walls, a fireplace, and an intricate and eye-catching ceiling. The Colonial Ballroom calls to mind eras of the past with its white columns, bronze touches, and a painted mural of palace gates.
New York, New York
For an extravagant and luxurious wedding, look to the St. Regis. The fabled hotel provides the perfect locale for a customized and unforgettable experience. A rooftop ballroom offers magnificent views, gilt chandeliers, and a cloud-painted ceiling. The entire venue encompasses a romantic and old-world charm meshed with modern glamor – perfect for your dream ballroom wedding.
San Francisco, California
The W San Francisco offers a sleek, modern, and chic venue for an urban ballroom wedding. The hotel perfectly reflects the electric and trendy city in which it resides, with geometric patterns, colorful lights, and spacious ballrooms offering expansive views of the city.
Hotel ballroom wedding ideas for decor
10. Hang a collection of colorful paper lanterns from the ceiling at varying heights to add depth, texture, and an element of whimsy.
11. To take a ballroom that’s on the simpler side and make it more visually interesting, drape the walls and ceiling in fabric to create an expansive and elegant tent-like atmosphere.
13. Create your own faux columns with these hanging crystal columns.
16. Pull your wedding dinnerware into the theme with bold colors like black, gold, red, or jewel tones.
17. If the floor of your ballroom isn’t to your liking, add some patterned area rugs that go along with the décor of your choice. Use them for decoration or as the aisle runner for the ceremony.
18. Line the aisleway for the ceremony with decorative lanterns.
19. Include elevated pedestals with flower arrangements to create an aisleway for your grand entrance.
21. Hang large minimalist wreaths with a few flowers as the backdrop for your ceremony.
22. Take advantage of the extra ceiling height and add towering floral displays on tables or throughout the ballroom.
Hotel ballroom wedding ideas for the reception
23. Some ballrooms already come with a grand piano, so hire a pianist to serenade your guests.
24. Carve out a dance floor or erect a mini-stage and hire a live band – whether it’s a wedding band, jazz band, or string quartet, your guests are sure to love the live entertainment.
26. Include a fondue table with a chocolate fountain and various dippables, like strawberries, cakes, or other sweets.
27. Have a DIY prosecco table where guests can add fruit or other mixers to their bubbly.
28. Celebrate your “holy matrimony” with a donut wall where guests can select their favorite donut.
29. Surprise your guests with a choreographed first dance and make it into an entertaining routine.
31. Include these oversized roses with your photo booth as a fun feature.
32. Organize a photo scavenger hunt where guests need to take pictures at various locations at your venue or with certain people. Use your wedding hashtag and have them post their shots to social media.
Dress inspiration for your hotel ballroom wedding
33. What’s a ballroom wedding without a ball gown? Look like a modern-day princess in this V-neck gown with a beaded illusion back and a sumptuous train.
34. Embrace the glam with this lace and tulle mermaid gown with hand-beaded spaghetti straps and a drop waist back.
35. Sparkle and shine in this ball gown with a metallic printed skirt, cathedral length train, and optional crystal beaded sleeves.
36. Be the belle of the ball in this Disney’s Belle-inspired gown with a tulle skirt with pickups, off-the-shoulder neckline, and embellished bodice.
37. Make a big entrance in this big ruffled skirt ball gown with a strapless lace bodice and just a touch of sparkle.
38. For a different take on ruffles, this high-neck ball gown has a statement skirt with tiered layers of tulle and horsehair trim.
Put these hotel ballroom wedding ideas to good use!
Up next, check out some of our favorite unique first dance songs to further add to the beauty that will be your ballroom wedding!
Find the perfect wedding venue for your budget!Search Venues