Most Fun Wedding Songs for 2022: 127 Options
By Wedding Spot
If you’re having a wedding with dancing, the thought of a mostly empty dance floor is a common worry. But there’s no need to fret. If you create a wedding playlist of fun dance songs with your guests in mind, you can rest assured they’ll be out there cutting a rug and maybe even kicking off their shoes. Read on for the names of fun wedding songs for 2022 and their artists. Some are up-to-the-minute pop hits and viral TikTok anthems, and some are retro favorites that won’t ever go out of style.
Fun wedding songs for 2022: Reception dance songs we love
1. Dance Monkey – Tones and I
2. Umbrella – Rihanna
3. Señorita – Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello
4. Girls Like You – Maroon 5
5. Holy – Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper
6. Despacito – Luis Fonsi
7. Savage Love – Jawsh 685 and Jason Derulo
8. Respect – Aretha Franklin
9. Wannabe – Spice Girls
10. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
11. 1, 2 Step – Ciara
12. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
13. Blue Suede Shoes – Elvis Presley
Find the perfect wedding venue!Get Started Free
14. Sucker – Jonas Brothers
15. Get Down On It – Kool & The Gang
16. I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
17. Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake
18. Positions – Ariana Grande
19. Cheap Thrills – Sia
20. Roses – SAINt JHN
21. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) – Beyoncé
22. Dynamite – BTS
23. Scrubs – TLC
24. I Gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas
25. Rapper’s Delight – The Sugar Hill Gang
26. Take You Dancing – Jason Derulo
27. We Found Love – Rihanna
28. Crazy In Love – Beyoncé
29. You Make My Dreams – Hall & Oates
30. Build Me Up Buttercup – The Foundations
31. Love Shack – The B-52's
32. I Got You Babe – Sonny & Cher
33. Lovely Day – Bill Withers
34. Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
35. September – Earth, Wind & Fire
36. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
37. Sugar, Sugar – The Archies
38. Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
39. Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
40. Take A Chance On Me – ABBA
41. Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani
42. Some Kind Of Wonderful – Grand Funk Railroad
43. Rockstar – DaBaby and Roddy Ricch
44. Mood - 24kGoldn, iann dior
45. Everybody – Backstreet Boys
46. Hey Ya! – Outkast
47. Marry You – Bruno Mars
48. I Will Wait – Mumford and Sons
49. California Girls – Katy Perry and Snoop Dog
50. Baby Got Back – Sir Mix-A-Lot
51. I Want It That Way – Backstreet Boys
52. Happy – Pharrell Williams
53. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
54. Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke
55. Raise Your Glass – P!nk
56. Blinding Lights – The Weeknd
57. Yeah! – Usher
58. Push It – Salt-N-Pepa
59. Twist And Shout – The Isley Brothers
60. Dakiti – Bad Bunny and Jhay Cortez
61. Buy U A Drank – T-Pain
62. Party In The U.S.A. - Miley Cyrus
63. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
64. Wake Me Up – Avicii
65. Lose Control – Missy Elliott
66. Tipsy – J-Kwon
Fun wedding songs to walk down the aisle to
There are many traditional options to play as you walk down the aisle. Classic choices include Mendelssohn’s “Wedding March,” Wagner’s “Bridal Chorus” (aka “Here Comes the Bride”), or a member of the choir singing “Ave Maria.” But today, more couples are skipping Pachelbel’s Canon for their wedding ceremony walk in favor of something a bit livelier. We’ve gathered some of the best upbeat wedding processional songs for you to choose from.
67. Best Day Of My Life – American Authors
68. Better Together – Jack Johnson
69. Love – Matt White
70. Marry Me – Train
71. Marry You – Bruno Mars
72. Chapel Of Love – The Dixie Cups
73. Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles
74. Halo – Beyoncé
75. Walking On Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves
76. Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
For even more, check out our list of unique songs to walk down the aisle to.
Fun wedding reception songs for your entrance
If you want to set a festive party mood from the beginning, choose a fun and upbeat song to play as you make your grand entrance to the reception. Chances are you’ll be dancing instead of walking.
77. Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
78. The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
79. Every Time We Touch – Cascada
80. Dancing On The Ceiling – Lionel Richie
81. You Make My Dreams Come True – Hall & Oates
82. You’re The One That I Want – John Travolta/Olivia Newton-John
83. Footloose – Kenny Loggins
84. You Make Loving Fun – Fleetwood Mac
85. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gay and Tammi Terrell
86. What I Like About You – The Romantics
Fun first dance songs
This is your first spin as a married couple. A romantic, slow song — along the lines of these most popular first dance picks, according to Spotify — is the classic choice. But there’s no rule against picking up the pace with a fun, uptempo, or funky song. It’s also a great way to set a spirited mood for the evening ahead.
87. My Cherie Amour – Stevie Wonder
88. Only Wanna Be With You – Hootie and the Blowfish
89. Stay With You – John Legend
90. 1999 – Prince
91. First Day Of My Life – Bright Eyes
92. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
93. Better Together – Jack Johnson
94. I Say A Little Prayer – Dionne Warwick
95. This Kiss – Faith Hill
96. By Your Side – Sade
97. Everything – Michael Bublé
For even more, check out our list of unique first dance songs for every type of couple.
Fun disco wedding songs
Disco has a fun, throwback vibe, and the genre’s popularity spans the generations. Your Gen Z niece will love dancing to Earth, Wind & Fire, Donna Summer, and Gloria Gaynor, while your boomer aunt may just recreate some of her club moves from back in the day.
98. Celebration – Kool & The Gang
99. Y.M.C.A. – Village People
100. Boogie Shoes – K.C. & the Sunshine Band
101. Dance To The Music – Sly and the Family Stone
102. Love To Love You Baby – Donna Summer
103. Flashdance – Irene Cara
104. Stayin’ Alive – Bee Gees
105. Dancing Queen – Abba
106. Born To Be Alive – Patrick Hernandez
107. Heart Of Glass – Blondie
108. Brick House – The Commodores
Fun rock wedding songs
Rock music ranges from oldies to alternative to punk. Here are 10 wedding dance songs that are sure to please guests, from your ring bearer to your maid of honor.
109. Wild Thing – Troggs
110. I Love Rock And Roll – Joan Jett
111. Jump – Van Halen
112. Old Time Rock And Roll – Bob Seger
113. Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi
114. Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard
115. You Shook Me All Night Long – ACDC
116. Sweetest Thing – U2
117. Wildflowers – Tom Petty
118. Born To Be Wild – Steppenwolf
Fun country wedding songs
Classic country-western, bluegrass, rockabilly, honky-tonk, cajun, or southern rock. Choose songs from any of these genres and you’ll inspire a boot-stomping good time.
119. Little Bit Of Everything – Keith Urban
120. My Wish – Rascal Flatts
121. Fearless – Taylor Swift
122. Loving You Easy – Zac Brown Band
123. All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight – Hank Williams Jr.
124. Need You Now – Lady Antebellum
125. I Like It I Love It – Tim McGraw
126. Here For The Party – Gretchen Wilson
127. This Is How We Roll – Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan
Now, about that wedding playlist …
If there are any songs on the list above that you don’t know, go online and give them a listen. Do they get you bopping along in the car on your drive to work? Do they turn your kitchen into a hip-hop club when you’re cooking dinner? Those are keepers.
Now that you’ve got some of the best wedding songs in mind, you can start building a wedding playlist you and your guests will enjoy. Here are tips to make that happen.
Think about your guest preferences. Who is coming to your wedding and what will get them out of their seats? Choose a selection of fun wedding songs for all ages and tastes. The songs you pick out for your friends from college aren’t going to be the same as the fun dance songs your grandmother enjoys.
Be realistic about the ideal music for a wedding. Did you two meet in the mosh pit of a metal concert? Unfortunately, you may not be able to recreate that scene during a banquet wedding with your great aunt Trudy in attendance.
Mix up the wedding song styles. When you dance around the house, is it all hip hop, techno, disco, or dubstep? Are you into country music or world music exclusively? Think about adding a variety of songs that appeal to all guests, ages, and backgrounds.
Fold in a few of your favorites. Even if your preferred music is alternative (folk, hardcore punk, grunge, or new wave) and doesn’t have a mainstream following — include your favorite music in the wedding playlist. Perhaps it won’t dominate, but you want to honor the music that makes you happy.
Include special songs for key reception moments. Besides your entrance and first dance, you can select fun wedding songs to play during the cocktail hour, as an introduction to the toasts, before the cake cutting, and as the final song of the festivities.
Pay attention to the volume. Overly loud music makes it difficult for your guests to hear each other. Request a reasonable volume, especially during the cocktail hour and dinner.
Create a ‘do not playlist.’ Let your DJ or band know if there are certain songs or styles of music you really don’t want to be played. Perhaps you want to avoid explicit lyrics altogether, or you’d prefer skipping The Cha-Cha Slide. That’s okay, just clarify your preferences.
Put this list of fun wedding songs for 2022 to good use!
The best wedding playlists live on long after the big day, evoking lovely memories and inspiring impromptu dances. Choose thoughtfully. You’ll be glad you did.