Wedding Instagram Captions: Examples, How-To Guide
By Wedding Spot
Looking for the right words to share under wedding photos on social media? This guide to creating wedding Instagram captions has you covered! In this guide, we’ll give you some of our favorite examples and then give you some ways to come up with your own. Sound good? Then let’s dive right in!
Discover 33 of our favorite wedding Instagram captions:
Here are some perfect messages to pair with wedding photos on Instagram — no matter what your role is in the big day!
Wedding Instagram captions for the bride
1. The party didn’t start ‘til I walked in.
2. He/she stole my heart so I’m stealing his/her last name. And the covers too! All the covers.
3. True love stories never have endings. Cheers to this new beginning!
4. You’re mine. Forever.
5. I love you and I like you.
6. My favorite part of the wedding was realizing I didn’t have to plan it anymore.
7. He/she liked it so he/she put a ring on it.
8. We did a thing.
9. I woke up like this.
10. About time!
Wedding Instagram captions for the groom
11. Do I look like a groom in this suit?
12. My mother told me to pick the very best one. So I did.
13. You had me at hello.
14. This was taken before I cried uncontrollably.
15. Thank you for showing me what love looks like. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life doing the same for you.
16. It was such an emotional day. Even the cake was in tiers.
17. Pop the champagne! He/she changed his/her last name!
18. One day down, forever to go.
19. Not sure how I got this lucky, but I’ll take it.
20. I always thought the day I met you was the best day of my life. Guess I was wrong.
Wedding Instagram captions for the maid of honor and bridesmaids
21. I’ll be ready in a prosecco!
22. Bright like glitter, bubbly like champagne, this bridal party was anything but plain!
23. We’re still recovering from the bachelorette party.
24. Oh snap! I got a selfie with the bride.
25. Cheers to the world’s cutest couple!
Wedding Instagram captions for the best man and groomsmen
26. Groomsmen get ready a little bit differently than bridesmaids do.
27. Cheers to the newlyweds!
28. Thanks for having an open b — uhhh, I mean, including us in your big day.
29. It was an honor to stand up there with you on your big day. Cheers to you both!
30. They got married. I ate cake.
Wedding Instagram captions for guests
31. ‘Til death do us party! Congrats to the happy couple.
32. They got married and I got to eat cake. I’d say it was a pretty good day.
33. Even the Royals would envy this wedding.
Explore the best ways to come up with wedding Instagram captions:
Step 1: Start with picking a photo. You may have thousands to choose from, and you may love all of them, but try to narrow it down to a few (remember, you don’t have to share just one!). Once you make your choice, consider what you love most about it.
Step 2: Brainstorm a few different captions based on your previous answer. If you’re leaning towards something lighthearted, stick to a sentence or two and include a joke. You know your sense of humor better than anyone, so don’t overthink it! If you’re more interested in getting deep, feel free write a couple of paragraphs about how meaningful this shot — and your big day as a whole — is to you. Want to write 1,000 words about how you met and why your wedding was the most special day of your life? Go for it! There’s no perfect answer here. It’s completely up to you.
Step 3: Write the caption as if you’re talking directly to your partner or sharing the story of your wedding with a good friend. In other words, as we said above: Don’t overthink it! You can always repost or edit it later if you’re not happy with the final product. If you’re really having trouble putting the moment into words, ask your partner or your family or friends for some help, or come back to this guide for some additional inspiration.
Use these examples and steps as inspiration for your wedding Instagram captions!
Up next, be sure to check out our guide on how to choose your wedding photography style so your photos will look perfect!