44 Star Wars Wedding Ideas You Have to See
If you’re reading this, chances are your wedding was not a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. More likely, it’s right around the corner. Whether you want to pull out all the stops and go full-on Star Wars for your big day or opt for a more subtle Star Wars motif, this list covers it all. Read on for inspiring and unique Star Wars wedding ideas to infuse your Star Wars-themed ceremony and reception with intergalactic charm.
Discover 44 must-see Star Wars wedding ideas:
You can bring the Star Wars theme into your wedding through everything from the venue and dress selection right down to the detailed decorations. Whether you’re more Jedi than Sith, or a blend between the two, we have plenty of ideas to make sure your wedding is out of this world.
Venues perfect for your Star Wars-themed wedding
Location: Sedona, Arizona
Tucked in the heart of Boynton Canyon, this resort offers other-worldly vistas of towering red rocks reminiscent of the desert landscapes of various Star Wars planets. Say your “I do’s” at one of four outdoor sites and move the reception indoors to one of the ballrooms with sweeping canyon views.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
No matter which location at the Boston Public Library you choose for your ceremony and reception, you and your guests will feel like they stepped right onto the set of a Star Wars palace. With its archways, columns, fountains, and upper balcony, the courtyard makes the perfect place for a regal wedding ceremony. Indoors, the elegance continues, with sweeping marble staircases, soaring vaulted ceilings, and architecture inspired by England and Italy.
Location: Denver, Colorado
To recreate the towering, extravagant feel of the infinite rows of seating at the Galactic Senate, consider a wedding at the Opera House. Get married at center stage and then head to the Chambers Grant Salon for an “evening under the stars,” with its black ceiling designed to look like a starry sky.
Location: Snoqualmie, Washington
This picturesque retreat located in the Pacific Northwest calls to mind the scenery of Padmé Amidala’s home planet of Naboo. Have your wedding ceremony overlooking an epic waterfall, with the sounds of the thundering cascades echoing below.
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Get married at the foot of gentle waterfalls trickling down a wall of greenery at this secluded venue. Its indoor event spaces feature vaulted ceilings and expansive patios and lawns that are perfect for recreating a Naboo-like atmosphere.
Location: San Diego, California
For lush courtyards with colonnades and fountains, grand ballrooms with high ceilings, garden terraces overlooking a minaret, and a Spanish courtyard — look no further than The Prado at Balboa Park. You can’t go wrong with any location at this venue for your Star Wars-themed wedding. Whether you want a more intimate garden ceremony or a larger celebration with views of the park, The Prado has it covered.
Location: Bella Vista, Arkansas
If the dense woodlands of the planet Endor are more your style, opt for this chapel in the treetops. The architecture is reminiscent of Gothic cathedrals, but the glass walls bring the forest indoors. The lattices of crisscrossing arches blend into the woods beyond and give this venue an elegant treehouse feel.
Location: Mammoth Lakes, California
It’s hard to beat the views at this venue — a sparkling lake at the base of the towering peak of Mt. Morrison. The backdrop of this resort calls to mind the mountainous terrain of Princess Leia’s home, Alderaan. Or, plan your wedding for the wintertime for views of snowcapped peaks and pristine snow, like on the planet Hoth.
Location: Miami Springs, Florida
For vibes of Tatooine — the home of Anakin and Luke Skywalker — Curtiss Mansion fully delivers. The mansion’s courtyard makes for an intimate reception area, surrounded by sand-colored walls and twinkling lights.
Star Wars wedding ideas for invitations and cards
10. What better way to remind your guests of your special day than with the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy? These wooden Millennium Falcon save the date magnets can be personalized to fit your wedding colors.
11. These Rey silhouette bridal shower invitations add a little fun with colorful flowers – and a guest appearance by BB8.
12. Choose which guests will be part of the Rebel Alliance and which will be part of the Empire with invitations that can be made for either side. For a more subtle touch of Star Wars, go for artistic Death Star invitations.
13. Keep it simple with a save the date that features the famous Star Wars font in gold letters with a black background.
14. Ask your guests where their allegiance lies with “Join the Rebel Alliance” RSVP cards.
15. Add stormtrooper gift tags to wedding favors and bridal party gifts to thank them for being (storm)troopers.
Star Wars wedding ideas for decorations
16. Open your wedding with a Star Wars-themed “Marriage, the Final Episode” personalized wooden entryway sign.
17. Create your own custom aisle runner in the style of the epic scrolling opening credits of every Star Wars film.
18. Prepare for your Jedi training (and walking down the aisle) with lightsaber bouquet holders.
19. Add Lego Star Wars characters into bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces for a subtle and fun way to bring the franchise into your décor.
20. Tie-in the different scenery and atmospheres of the various planets. Go for a cloud-city theme from the planet Bespin; a winter theme for the ice planet Hoth; or fiery oranges and reds to represent the volcanic landscape of Mustafar.
21. You can’t have a Star Wars-themed wedding without the famous quote from Princess Leia and Han Solo. Hang an “I love you – I know” wedding banner behind the head table.
22. Entrust your rings to R2D2 and the Death Star with themed ring boxes.
23. Incorporate a galaxy theme, with colorful swirls of blues, emerald greens, violets, and magentas, and add a canopy of string lights to make the ceiling look like the starry sky of a galaxy far, far away.
24. Use spacecraft luminaries in the shape of TIE Fighters as centerpieces.
25. Add floating candles to your centerpieces, with figures like the Death Star, the Millennium Falcon, and an X-wing Starfighter.
26. Star Wars-themed paper lanterns make a subtle addition to your centerpieces.
Star Wars wedding ideas for the ceremony and reception
27. To make an entrance nobody will ever forget, walk down the aisle to John Williams’ “Main Title.”
28. If you’re considering going all out, have everyone involved in the ceremony — from the bridal party to the officiant to you and your partner — dress up as Star Wars characters.
29. Some die-hard Star Wars fans may look at the films as much more than films. As Bustle explains, many people’s life philosophies, including those on love and commitment, are shaped by Star Wars. With that being the case, why not incorporate it into your vows?
30. Before your first dance, how about a first lightsaber battle? The below couple did just that, taking to the dance floor with the epic Star Wars soundtrack and lightsabers with sound effects.
31. Toast your new union with engraved Princess Leia and Han Solo champagne flutes.
32. Take a page from Disney World’s book with themed drinks inspired by the ones at the theme park’s new Star Wars expansion, Galaxy’s Edge. Tatooine Sunset, the Fuzzy Tauntaun, and the Jedi Mind Trick are just a few.
33. For the wedding cake, consider one showing the merging of the light side and the dark side of the force. Or, go for a cake style that is business in the front, party in the back – it looks like a traditional wedding cake from one angle, but from another, each tier has its own Star Wars personalization. For a more subtle touch of Star Wars, this style of cake adds white figurines of the Death Star and X-wings made of fondant that perfectly blend into the white cake.
34. For cake toppers, create your own custom figurines made in the likeness of you and your partner. The artist can even add Star Wars costumes and props.
36. Try your hand at hitting the target and outshoot the stormtroopers with a dark side of the force corn hole board.
37. What’s a wedding without a photo booth? Use scenes from the movie as your backdrop and have plenty of props at the ready.
38. Have your guests do a lightsaber tunnel salute as you exit for the evening. Warning: spontaneous lightsaber duels may ensue.
Star Wars wedding dress ideas
39. To transition from ceremony to reception (or from Jedi training to dancing), this two-piece ensemble comes with a sequined romper and long-sleeve slitted sheath with a train.
40. This romantic Grecian-style dress with flowing sleeves will have you feeling like a goddess of the galaxy.
41. For a different take on Padmé Amidala’s wedding dress, go for this lace sheath dress with a detachable tulle skirt.
42. What’s a queen without her cape? This embroidered lace cape goes perfectly with any dress for an added regal flair.
43. Are you more on the dark side of the force? The black lace detail of this A-line dress adds an edge to a traditional silhouette.
44. This cross back A-line dress with colorful beading is fit for a queen.
Incorporate these Star Wars wedding ideas into your special day!
If this post got you thinking about other possibilities for a wedding theme, check out some more of our favorite unique wedding themes you have to see.