Gardens of the Hampton-Preston Mansion
Historic/Landmark Building, Museum/Gallery, Mansion, Park/Garden, Plantation, Outdoor
Accommodates up to 400 guests
Ceremony / Reception
1615 Blanding Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Used as headquarters for the Union Army in February of 1865 and later saved by a local nun during the Burning of Columbia, the Hampton-Preston Mansion features renowned, historic gardens with sophisticated and graceful green space – speaking to the grandeur of its past. Magnolias and live oaks tower over three garden spaces, including the back lawn and newly restored side gardens, gazebo garden and fountain garden, providing a serene backdrop that is ideal for creative event design.
This is an outdoor only venue; the historic home is a museum and not available for rentals.
Features & Amenities:
• Recently renovated property with fresh plantings and elegant design
• Extensive back lawn for a ceremony and reception
• Recently restored mid-1800’s arboretum-style side gardens with paved walking paths
• A fountain garden, surrounded with seating underneath live oak trees
• A gazebo garden, with stunning covered gazebo space underneath live oak trees
• 2 covered porches on a freshly-painted home
• 2 new restrooms (installation to be completed Fall 2018)
• Access to wireless internet and electricity throughout gardens
• HC staff on-site for duration of event
• Outdoor maximum capacity of 400
Amenities and Restrictions
Interested in this venue?
Don't miss out! Message this venue now to check their availability and receive more information.
No commitment required.