39 Winery Wedding Ideas You'll Love
By Wedding Spot
If you choose to host your wedding at a winery, that doesn’t mean it has to be “wine-themed” necessarily. But wine and the surrounding vineyard will likely influence the ceremony, décor, and reception in some way. Weddings at vineyards tend to be rustic or boho chic-themed to blend with the dark wood and rich colors associated with wine and aging oak barrels. But really any aesthetic can fit the vineyard setting. Read on for winery wedding ideas for venues, decorations, dresses, and more.
Explore 39 of our favorite winery wedding ideas:
Wineries across the U.S. to host your wedding
Located in the famous Napa Valley, The Meritage Resort and Spa offers a quintessential winery experience, with scenic rolling vineyards and Tuscan-inspired architecture. The dramatic Estate Wine Cave provides an elegant environment for a reception. Or, you can utilize the grand ballroom for a larger wedding celebration.
Find the perfect venue for your winery wedding!Get Started Free
Outside of San Diego sits Milagro Winery, nestled in the Ramona Valley. Guests can sample the wine in an elegant granite wine cave or enjoy the vistas of the surrounding vineyard from the stone patio. Bistro lights strung across the courtyard set the tone for your dance floor, enclosed by the ivy-covered walls of the Tuscan-style buildings.
Riverhead, New York
This family-owned winery offers a refined yet bohemian vibe, with its combination of exposed wood and bistro lights. Northville Barn, with its towering ceilings and rustic charm, makes the perfect place for an intimate reception. The views from the vineyard offer an unforgettable backdrop for the ceremony. Have your picture taken with your partner among the endless rows of grapes.
Asheville, North Carolina
Located at the Biltmore, a Vanderbilt Estate tucked in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, the Champagne Cellar at the Winery is ideal for smaller or micro weddings looking for an intimate and elegant experience. The stone corridors and warm candlelight create a distinctive European atmosphere and provide a perfect blank slate for you to decorate as you please. The grounds of the estate offer unparalleled views and backdrops for memorable wedding photos.
This winery pays homage to its history by combining the coastal farmland with a WWII-era private airport. Formerly an airfield, Saltwater Farm is now a vineyard with a preserved vintage hangar and a grassy landing strip. The restored hangar provides a unique atmosphere with vaulted ceilings, rich wood furnishings, and views of the tidal marshes of Wequetequock Cove.
In the heart of Texas Hill Country is the luxurious Vineyard at Florence, where you’re never far from views of the big Texas sky. Choose from locations like the Winemaker’s Villa, with old-world ambiance and panoramic views of the vineyard, or the Winemaker’s Lounge, surrounded by wine barrels and a patio overlooking the property.
Hyde Park, Utah
The breathtaking mountains as the backdrop at this winery are reason enough to host your special day here. The property’s barn overlooking the vineyard has custom stained glass windows, a dramatic spiral staircase, and plenty of windows so the scenic mountain vistas are never far away.
Winery wedding ideas for favors and invitations
8. Personalized wine glasses – either with your names and wedding date or for the winery hosting the wedding – are the perfect keepsake for your vows at the vineyard.
9. Envelopes with “wine stains” are a fun and subtle way to incorporate the theme into your invitations.
10. Mini bottles of champagne make for a fun way to remember your special day and keep the celebration going.
11. Create your own personalized wine label or wedding crest to put on the wine you gift to your guests.
12. Wine cork coasters make for a crafty way to thank your guests for coming – and to make use of those leftover wine corks.
13. This invitation with opaque vineyard rows alludes to the venue without it taking center stage.
14. Have invitations custom made to feature a watercolor of your winery for an artistic and personalized touch.
Winery-inspired reception and décor ideas
15. Have your guests sign a wine bottle or wine cork instead of a guest book. You can make an art piece out of the corks, or display them in a shadow box.
16. Use a personalized wine barrel lid as a guest book, or display it at the head table.
17. Find other creative uses for wine corks, like DIY table numbers or decorative signs to place throughout the reception area.
18. Order a set of personalized wine cork place card holders that guests can have as a small keepsake from your special day.
19. In lieu of table numbers, name your tables after different types of wine.
20. Place a personalized wine barrel at the reception, where guests can insert their cards and letters.
21. Salvage wine bottles and turn them into lighted centerpieces. Or, go for a bottle with handmade macrame lighted covering.
22. Use traditional French wooden wine crates as centerpieces or décor throughout the venue.
23. For a twist, use halved wine bottles as planters for unique centerpieces, or as serving dishes for bread or snacks.
24. This wine bottle ring toss game is a fun way to tie in the theme and give your guests some friendly competition for entertainment at the reception.
25. String lights are perfect for creating a charming and whimsical atmosphere at your winery wedding. Hang them between the trees in the courtyard or string them up from the rafters in the winery’s tasting room or barn.
Winery wedding ideas for food and cake
26. Since you’re hosting your wedding at a winery, make their wine a centerpiece of your menu and pair the wine with the food. Create your dinner menu around the wine selection – some wineries will even have suggested menus and pairings.
27. Craft a seasonal menu using local ingredients to bring out the uniqueness of the area surrounding the vineyard and complement the wine pairings. Your vineyard can most likely provide suggestions for this as well.
28. What goes best with wine? Cheese! Create specialty cheese platters to pair with the wines, or go the extra step and have a charcuterie table with meats, spreads, olives, cheeses, and other small snacks.
29. Have a bruschetta bar where guests can build their own bruschetta – another perfect snack to go with a glass of wine.
30. For the wedding cake, implement elements of nature with flowers and cake layers made to resemble a birch tree.
31. Gold icing, colorful flowers, and a woodland pedestal complete this rustic-themed cake.
32. Really dive into the winery theme with a wedding cake designed to look like realistic wine barrels with grape accents.
33. Make grapevines the focal point of your cake, or implement them in a more subtle way.
Wedding dress inspiration for your winery wedding
34. Try this unique take on a fitted lace dress, with cascading flutter sleeves that transform into a cape at the back.
35. This dress combines a modern silhouette with a whimsical flair in the lace details and sleeves – perfect for an elegant yet charming winery wedding.
36. This dreamy tulle dress is feminine, light, and airy, with floral embroidery and a slight sparkle.
37. This twist on a classic ballgown, with a tulle skirt and sleek satin bodice, brings an air of modern elegance and will blend perfectly with any winery wedding.
38. Add an element of whimsy with this A-line lace gown with a scalloped edge and keyhole back.
39. This reimagined sleeveless tulle ballgown is a creative take on a traditional style – and will undoubtedly be the focal point of your ceremony.
Put these winery wedding ideas to good use today!
We hope these options helped provide some inspiration for your big day. Up next, find other ways to complete your winery wedding planning with some of our favorite wedding altar decoration ideas.
Find the perfect winery for your budget!Search Venues